I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Seeking Him First" (Matthew 6:33 sermon)
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- Psalm 3:3 “Thou O Lord” Part III: “The Lifter of My Head”
- "The Real Thing: Love Is Patient"
- "Binding Up The Brokenhearted"?
- “Building Your Life On The Rock” (Matthew 7:24-27 sermon)
- Pray For God To Stir Hearts
- "The Fruit of Repentance" (Matt. 3:4-10 sermon)
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- Reasons For Giving Thanks (Psalm 136 sermon)
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Monthly Archives: April 2014
Colossians 2:10 says: “And in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority.” This verse follows the main theme of the Book of Colossians, and reminds us of the sufficiency of Christ. … Continue reading
In I King 9:6 God told King Solomon, “But if you or your sons indeed turn away from following Me … (:7) then I will cut off Israel from the land …”. Here again we see that God DOES keep … Continue reading
I’ve been busy preaching every Sunday and leading Bible Study on Wednesday nights — basically working a full-time schedule — for which I am very grateful! But one “side effect” is that I have not kept up my “Little Condo” … Continue reading
Psalm 9:8 says: “And He will judge the world in righteousness; He will execute judgment for the peoples with equity.” This is a needed reminder for many of us. It can be difficult to watch wicked people — or those … Continue reading
Psalm 9:3 says “When my enemies turn back, they stumble and perish before You.” In Hebrew the words “before You” are literally, “from Your face.” It is interesting to see in scripture the differing effects that the face of God … Continue reading
In Colossians 2:7 Paul writes that we are to walk in Christ, “having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and strengthened in your faith, just as you were taught, and overflowing with thanksgiving.” It is of … Continue reading