I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Seeking Him First" (Matthew 6:33 sermon)
- "Peace Be With You"
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- "Do Not Be Unbelieving"
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "The Real Thing: Love Is Patient"
- "Pressing On To Know the Lord" (Hosea 6:3 sermon)
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- “Comforting the Afflicted & Afflicting the Comfortable” James 1:9-11
- "Our Omnipresent God" (Psalm 139:7-10)
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Monthly Archives: August 2016
“And Jesus said to His disciples, ‘Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.’” (Matthew 19:23) One of the best methods that the enemy of our souls has of stealing … Continue reading
“When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, ‘Then who can be saved?’ And looking at them Jesus said to them ‘With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”” (Matthew 19:25-26) This conversation, … Continue reading
“And He answered and said, ‘Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female …’”. (Matthew 19:4) These words of Jesus are often overlooked. But we neglect them today to our detriment, … Continue reading
“For this reason the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his slaves.” (Matthew 18:23) The words “FOR THIS REASON” are key to the meaning of this passaage. Jesus had just told … Continue reading
“What do you think? If any man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go and search for the one that is straying?” (Matthew 18:12) Here … Continue reading