I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- “He Loved ME”!
- The Drink Offering: Don't Waste Your Life
- Psalm 3:3 “Thou O Lord” Part III: “The Lifter of My Head”
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- “What Tested Faith Looks Like” (James 1:2-4)
- “Comforting the Afflicted & Afflicting the Comfortable” James 1:9-11
- "The Real Thing: Love Is Patient"
- The Model Prayer: Praying For God's Will (Matt. 6:10 Sermon)
- "The Fruit of Repentance" (Matt. 3:4-10 sermon)
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Monthly Archives: October 2016
Several years ago, some students at Southwestern Baptist Seminary were talking before the start of class, one of them started telling a joke that involved a story about hell. Just then, the professor walked in, and he said, “Men, I … Continue reading
“Now while they were on their way, some of the guard came into the city and reported to the chief priests all that had happened.” (Matthew 28:11 NASB) You have to ask yourself: just how depraved were these chief priests? … Continue reading
“And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.” (Matthew 28:9 NASB) What would it be like to encounter the resurrected Jesus? If you are a Christian, it … Continue reading
“And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.” (Matthew 28:9 NASB) They were not even expecting it. Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were on their way … Continue reading
“Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead; and behold He is going ahead of you into Galilee, there you will see Him; behold, I have told you.” (Matthew 28:7 NASB) When the angel had … Continue reading
We all want to go to heaven — but what do you have to do to go there? I once read a survey of multi-millionaires, in which they were asked, “How much would you be willing to pay for a … Continue reading