I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- "The Purpose of God's Blessings" (Psalm 67 sermon)
- "This Is My Story: The Philippian Jailer" (Acts 16:25-34 sermon)
- "Following Jesus" (Matthew 4:18-22 sermon)
- "Seeking Him First" (Matthew 6:33 sermon)
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "Your Best Investment" (Matthew 6:19-24 sermon)
- “Building Your Life On The Rock” (Matthew 7:24-27 sermon)
- "This Is My Story: The Gerasene Demoniac" (Mark 5:1-20 sermon)
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- I Peter sermons
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: plan
Christians have a different outlook than other people have. We believe in an unseen, almighty, all-wise God. So because of that, not only is our outlook different, but our vocabulary is different as well. Many people speak of “karma” or … Continue reading
“It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven — things … Continue reading
Proverbs 14:23 admonishes us: “In all labor there is profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.” This is a good reminder to us that just talking about something rarely accomplishes anything. It must be backed up by actions.