I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- “He Loved ME”!
- The Drink Offering: Don't Waste Your Life
- Psalm 3:3 “Thou O Lord” Part III: “The Lifter of My Head”
- “What Tested Faith Looks Like” (James 1:2-4)
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "The Real Thing: Love Is Patient"
- The Model Prayer: Praying For God's Will (Matt. 6:10 Sermon)
- “Comforting the Afflicted & Afflicting the Comfortable” James 1:9-11
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Category Archives: India Mission Trip 2011
“Wow!” the nurse practitioner exclaimed as she listened to my lungs. I was actually somewhat gratified to get some kind of response — you know, that it was truly worthy of a trip to the clinic at 10:30 at night! I mentioned … Continue reading
Some assorted notes while I am up with jet lag … Pretty much all of the team had jet lag while we were over in India, waking up at 3:00 or 4:00 every morning, being up for a couple of … Continue reading
For a one word summary, I guess “wow” would do … We had the most incredible day at the Pastors & Leaders Conference hosted by our partner pastor in India, Sanjay Charan. When all the ladies in the hall left early for lunch, … Continue reading
I usually suffer a “Sunday hangover” on Mondays after I have preached on Sunday in the States, and I am here to report that it is no different in India! I had to drag myself out of bed — I … Continue reading
Where do I start with today — Sunday in India? The short version of it is that it may have been the best single day the Lord has ever given me in ministry! The long version, however, may be more … Continue reading
I came to Saturday with great anticipation: evangelistic meetings at two different locations in the same part of Delhi: Aali Village and Gautam Puri — historically tough areas that are just beginning to open up to the gospel. James, Larry … Continue reading