I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- Living In A Tent
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- Closer to Sodom or Heaven?
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- Psalm 3:3 “Thou O Lord” Part III: “The Lifter of My Head”
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- "What Real Faith Looks Like: Total Commitment" (James 1:6-8)
- "Are You A Disciple?" (Luke 9:23 sermon)
- "The Root of All Evil"
- "Your Response to Christmas" (Matthew 2:1-12 Sermon)
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: God’s will
“He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him.” (Ephesians 1:9) What is God’s will for me? Ephesians 1:3-14 contains a list of “every spiritual blessing” that God gave … Continue reading
“So Peter seeing him said to Jesus, ‘Lord, and what about this man?’ Jesus said to him, ‘If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!’” (John 21:21-22) After Jesus told Peter … Continue reading
I have never in my lifetime seen the kind of vindictiveness expressed towards a president as we have seen evidenced towards President Trump: the hatred, lack of submission, people saying “He’s not my President”, etc. I was not a big … Continue reading