A Southern Baptist pastor for almost 35 years, I currently serve as Senior Pastor of the First Baptist Church of Angleton, Texas, and post my weekly sermons here. I am grateful to see these messages read in countries around the world, and pray that God will use His word to help individuals to walk with Him daily, and churches to glorify Him with their worship and obedience.
Top Posts & Pages
- "Following Jesus" (Matthew 4:18-22 sermon)
- "Seeking Him First" (Matthew 6:33 sermon)
- “Building Your Life On The Rock” (Matthew 7:24-27 sermon)
- "Binding Up The Brokenhearted"?
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- “In The Beginning, God” (Genesis 1:1 sermon)
- Psalm 3:3 “Thou O Lord” Part III: “The Lifter of My Head”
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- Poem: "I Walked A Mile With Pleasure"
- "The Disciple's Character: Meekness" (Matthew 5:5 sermon)
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- I Peter sermons
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: It is finished
David McCullough is one of my favorite history writers (I loved his book on the Wright Brothers). One of HIS favorite authors was a man by the name of Conrad Richter, who won the Pulitzer Prize back in the 1950’s … Continue reading
In 2018, an ISIS terrorist took a young woman hostage in southern France, threatening to kill her. In a bold move, a police officer, Lt. Col. Arnaud Beltrame, offered to take the place of the young woman. The terrorist let … Continue reading
For the last several years, the social media platform “Twitter” has been gaining in popularity over “Facebook,” although the two are very different. One of the interesting things to see on Twitter is the biography that each person uses to … Continue reading
(Preached at Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church, December 11, 2016) In his famous play, “Romeo & Juliet”, William Shakespeare wrote: “What’s in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” And there is some truth in that. … Continue reading