I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- Closer to Sodom or Heaven?
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- "This Is My Story: The Gerasene Demoniac" (Mark 5:1-20 sermon)
- Psalm 3:3 “Thou O Lord” Part III: “The Lifter of My Head”
- "Your Response to Christmas" (Matthew 2:1-12 Sermon)
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "Pressing On To Know the Lord" (Hosea 6:3 sermon)
- "Are You A Disciple?" (Luke 9:23 sermon)
- So They Say You’re “Judging”?
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: Isaiah 53
Some books have such famous opening lines that many people can name them just from hearing the first words of the book. See if you can name some of these books from their first lines: — “It was the best … Continue reading
“The next day he saw Jesus coming to him, and said, ‘Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.’” (John 1:29) John the Baptist’s description of Jesus to his disciples and the crowd at the … Continue reading
Henry Blackaby, the author of Experiencing God, one time prayed a prayer that many of us have perhaps prayed at one time or another: “Lord, make me like You.” But Blackaby shared that when he prayed those words, God directed … Continue reading
“Behold, My Servant, Whom I uphold; My Chosen One in Whom My soul delights.” (Isaiah 42:1) It is significant that God calls His Servant here “My chosen one IN WHOM MY SOUL DELIGHTS.” The “Servant” which is mentioned several times … Continue reading
ACTS 8:25-38 “This Is My Story: The Ethiopian Treasurer” Cheryl & I love Stefan Berci (our Romanian pastor) and his family. They did a Facetime chat with us yesterday, and we had a great visit. One of the things I … Continue reading