I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Seeking Him First" (Matthew 6:33 sermon)
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- "Peace Be With You"
- "Do Not Be Unbelieving"
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "The Real Thing: Love Is Patient"
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- "Pressing On To Know the Lord" (Hosea 6:3 sermon)
- The Drink Offering: Don't Waste Your Life
- “Comforting the Afflicted & Afflicting the Comfortable” James 1:9-11
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: evangelism
“So Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.’” (John 20:21) This must be one of the most important statements found in the book of John, regarding the duty … Continue reading
“Therefore the soldiers did these things. But standing by the cross of Jesus were His mother, and His mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Cleopas, and Mary Magdalene.” (John 19:25) Don’t miss this little phrase in the narrative which describes … Continue reading
We’ve all seen the famous recruiting sign, “Uncle Sam needs YOU!” The truth is, Uncle Sam DOES need you: our country is in desperate need of you today. NOT necessarily to sign up for the military — though we do … Continue reading
The yellow footprints you see are scattered all over our Marine Corps Recruit Depots in San Diego and in Parris Island. In the early stages of a Marine recruit’s time at the training base, these footprints show the young Recruits … Continue reading
Our passage for today describes how Jesus saw Peter & Andrew, and James & John, with their boats and nets and relatives, that He said to them, “Follow Me.” And they got up, left everything, and followed Him. What would … Continue reading