I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- The Other Side Of Love
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "This Is My Story: The Woman At The Well" (John 4:1-42 sermon)
- God Doesn't "Owe" You Anything!
- "Four Surprising Signs of Wickedness" (Psalm 10:3-11 sermon)
- When It's Too Late For Repentance
- "The Real Thing: Love Is Patient"
- The Drink Offering: Don't Waste Your Life
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: James 2:19
“… and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.” (Galatians 2:20b) Martin Luther once wrote that “the heart of religion … Continue reading
“… and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” (John 11:26) Jesus’ claim to be the resurrection and the life is so significant, and so frequently quoted, that the last sentence in verse … Continue reading
When Jesus cast demons out of people in Mark 1, :34 says: “He did not allow them to speak, because they knew Him.” There are a couple of important lessons in this verse: One is that the demons have a … Continue reading