I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- Farewell to Our Church Family
- The God They Didn’t Warn You About!
- "This Is My Story: The Gerasene Demoniac" (Mark 5:1-20 sermon)
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- “The Questions of Moses” (Exodus 3:10-4:1 sermon)
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- God Doesn't "Owe" You Anything!
- "This Is My Story: The Philippian Jailer" (Acts 16:25-34 sermon)
- The Drink Offering: Don't Waste Your Life
- Psalm 3:3 “Thou O Lord” Part III: “The Lifter of My Head”
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: test of salvation
“Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, ‘Abba! Father!’” (Galatians 4:6) Are you really a Christian? How can you know? The Bible gives us a number of “tests” of salvation. … Continue reading
“He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.” (John 8:47) Here Jesus gives us one of the BEST tests of whether a person is … Continue reading
“Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.” (I John 4:15) Despite the apparent simplicity of this verse, one should be careful not to take it in a woodenly literal fashion, … Continue reading
Are you really saved? Several passages of scripture offer us tests of salvation; indicators of whether one has genuinely been converted. One of those texts is Romans Chapter 8. Multiple verses in the chapter describe the person for whom “There … Continue reading