I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- Poem: "I Walked A Mile With Pleasure"
- "Forgiving Each Other" (Ephesians 4:32 sermon)
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- “Comforting the Afflicted & Afflicting the Comfortable” James 1:9-11
- "This Is My Story: The Philippian Jailer" (Acts 16:25-34 sermon)
- "Where's Your Glory?" (Jeremiah 9:23-24 sermon)
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- "This Is My Story: The Woman At The Well" (John 4:1-42 sermon)
- “What Real Faith Looks Like: Perseverance" (James 1:12)
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: doctrine of God
The Apostle Paul preached at Mars Hill has been criticized by some for not being directly based upon the Old Testament scriptures. But upon further inspection it is an amazing compendium of knowledge about the One True God. Notice what … Continue reading
Do you know that no one really knows WHAT electricity is? Look it up; they don’t. They know theories about how it works; they know how to avoid being killed by it; they know how to harness it to use … Continue reading
In February 2012, I stood to lead prayer meeting at the church I had been pastoring for 12 years in Louisiana, and the longer I stood the more nauseated I became. I had to leave during prayer and have my … Continue reading
How big is your God? In Job 9:4-10 Job gives us an idea of his view of God. He says, among other things: — “It is God who removes the mountains, they know not how …” (:5) — “Who shakes … Continue reading