I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Seeking Him First" (Matthew 6:33 sermon)
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- "Peace Be With You"
- "Do Not Be Unbelieving"
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "The Real Thing: Love Is Patient"
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- "Pressing On To Know the Lord" (Hosea 6:3 sermon)
- The Drink Offering: Don't Waste Your Life
- “Comforting the Afflicted & Afflicting the Comfortable” James 1:9-11
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: Deity of Christ
“Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.” (John 17:5) John 17 must be considered the highest of high prayers, made just before Jesus went to the cross, and … Continue reading
“Philip said to Him, ‘Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.’” (John 14:8) If Jesus had responded to this request with a note of frustration in His voice, it would have been understandable:
“The officers answered, ‘Never has a man spoken the way this man speaks.’” (John 7:46) These officers (basically the Temple police) were no trained theologians, yet they could recognize what is plain to everyone. No one — ever — has … Continue reading
“So that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.” (John 5:23) How is Jesus to be regarded by us? As a … Continue reading
Do you know that no one really knows WHAT electricity is? Look it up; they don’t. They know theories about how it works; they know how to avoid being killed by it; they know how to harness it to use … Continue reading
“… and the Word was God.” (John 1:1) Why there is any controversy among supposed Bible-believing people concerning the Deity of Jesus is puzzling. The scripture makes it so clear: “and the Word was God”! The first verses in the … Continue reading
Several years ago, one of my sisters was attending a missions banquet, and she heard that the President of our Southern Baptist International Mission Board was going to be in attendance, so she was looking forward to meeting him. She … Continue reading