I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- “The Misplaced Passion of Spectator Religion” (Jonah 4 sermon)
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- "Seeking Him First" (Matthew 6:33 sermon)
- "Binding Up The Brokenhearted"?
- Psalm 3:3 “Thou O Lord” Part III: “The Lifter of My Head”
- “Building Your Life On The Rock” (Matthew 7:24-27 sermon)
- "The Real Thing: Love Is Patient"
- The Drink Offering: Don't Waste Your Life
- "Our Holy God" (Isaiah 6:1-5 sermon)
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: doubt
“Then He said to Thomas, ‘Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.’” (John 20:27) The rebuke Jesus gave to Thomas … Continue reading
In John 12 Jesus had just prayed before the multitude, “Father, glorify Thy name.” “Then a voice came out of heaven: ‘I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.’” (:28) What is interesting is the response of the … Continue reading
“Therefore Thomas, who is called Didymus, said to his fellow disciples, ‘Let us also go, so that we may die with Him.’” (John 11:16) The disciple Thomas is almost universally known for one thing: not believing, without having seen, that … Continue reading
“My Father, if this cannot pass away unless I drink it, Your will be done.” (Matthew 26:42) We all face difficult time in our lives, and when we come to them, we should bring our situation to our Heavenly Father … Continue reading
“But when the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the tares became evident also.” (Matthew 13:26) The parable of “The Wheat & The Tares” has become one of the most well-known parables in American Christianity, primarily through popular contemporary preaching … Continue reading
“Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled …” (Matthew 8:10) What an amazing statement that is: “when Jesus heard this, He marveled.” The centurion had just come to Jesus, telling Him of his paralyzed servant, and Jesus indicated that He … Continue reading