I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- Our Spiritual Blessings
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- Reasons For Giving Thanks (Psalm 136 sermon)
- "This Is My Story: The Philippian Jailer" (Acts 16:25-34 sermon)
- Psalm 3:3 “Thou O Lord” Part III: “The Lifter of My Head”
- "He Will Save His People From Their Sins" (Matthew 1:21 Sermon)
- The Fount of Every Blessing
- "Your Response to Christmas" (Matthew 2:1-12 Sermon)
- "The Root of All Evil"
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: church
“Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted.” (Galatians 6:1) How should a … Continue reading
“So when they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, ‘Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?’ He said to Him, ‘Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.’ He said to him, ‘Tend My … Continue reading
One of the outstanding characteristics of the High Priestly Prayer of Jesus in John 17 is the repetition of His prayers for the unity of His people. At least FOUR TIMES in His intercession He asks the Father to make … Continue reading
“Beware!” If you are out driving, and you come across a sign in the road that says “Beware!”, you are going to pay attention, and proceed very carefully, aren’t you? And you should. You know there is something dangerous ahead, … Continue reading