I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- The Other Side Of Love
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- Not Our Faithfulness
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "This Is My Story: The Gerasene Demoniac" (Mark 5:1-20 sermon)
- God Doesn't "Owe" You Anything!
- "The Real Thing: Love Is Patient"
- The Drink Offering: Don't Waste Your Life
- "This Is My Story: The Woman At The Well" (John 4:1-42 sermon)
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: service
When we are reading through God’s word like we are, we need to look for certain things. Like is there a command we need to keep; or a sin to confess; or a prayer to pray using this verse? Is … Continue reading
After our morning service today, we have the opportunity to stay for soup and sandwiches, sponsored by our student ministry, to support the Hamburg, Germany mission trip that they will be going on this summer. I’m excited that a dozen … Continue reading
“For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.” (Galatians 5:13) This is a good word, because from time to time you hear “Christian” … Continue reading
“But you know that it was because of a bodily illness that I preached the gospel to you the first time …”. (Galatians 4:13) So the Apostle Paul had a “bodily illness” which was hindering him as he sought to … Continue reading
“When Jesus then saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, ‘Woman, behold your son!’ Then He said to the disciple, ‘Behold your mother!’ From that hour the disciple took her into … Continue reading
Sunday morning we are going to be looking at what many people throughout history have called “The Lord’s Prayer” in Matthew 6:9-13. But as we will see Sunday, it should better be called “The MODEL Prayer”, because it really is … Continue reading