I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- Farewell to Our Church Family
- "This Is My Story: The Gerasene Demoniac" (Mark 5:1-20 sermon)
- The God They Didn’t Warn You About!
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- “The Questions of Moses” (Exodus 3:10-4:1 sermon)
- God Doesn't "Owe" You Anything!
- "This Is My Story: The Philippian Jailer" (Acts 16:25-34 sermon)
- The Drink Offering: Don't Waste Your Life
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: Lordship
Do you think that you are going to heaven? If you do, you’re in good company. An ABC news poll indicated that 89% of Americans believed in heaven, and 85% of them think that THEY are going there. And it … Continue reading
“Thomas answered and said to Him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” (John 20:28) Following his initial doubts about the resurrection of Jesus, when Thomas saw the living Christ, he then made this great confession: “My Lord and my God!”
“And all things that are Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine; and I have been glorified in them.” (John 17:10) Jesus could say to His Heavenly Father that everything He had was the Father’s, and likewise, everything that was … Continue reading
“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.” (John 14:15) Much attention is focused on Jesus’ promise in John 14:14, “If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it”, and rightly so. And yet it is … Continue reading
“His mother said to the servants, ‘Whatever He says to you, do it.’” (John 2:5) This word was spoken by Mary the mother of Jesus to the servants at the wedding at Cana, after they had run out of wine. … Continue reading