I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- Poem: "I Walked A Mile With Pleasure"
- "Forgiving Each Other" (Ephesians 4:32 sermon)
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- “Comforting the Afflicted & Afflicting the Comfortable” James 1:9-11
- "This Is My Story: The Philippian Jailer" (Acts 16:25-34 sermon)
- "Where's Your Glory?" (Jeremiah 9:23-24 sermon)
- “What Real Faith Looks Like: Perseverance" (James 1:12)
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- "This Is My Story: The Woman At The Well" (John 4:1-42 sermon)
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: kingdom of God
“I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:21) This warning from God’s word is greatly needed today, as so many people have come to … Continue reading
In his epic novel “Les Miserables”, Victor Hugo writes about a rich, retired merchant who attended the church in the town — M. Geborand — who had accumulated an estate of 2,000,000 francs in the manufacture of cloth. M. Geborand … Continue reading
“At that time the disciples came to Jesus and said, ‘Who then is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?’” (Matthew 18:1) We might do well to ask why the scripture tells us that it was “at THAT time” that the … Continue reading
“And He said, ‘How shall we picture the kingdom of God, or by what parable shall we present it? It is like a mustard seed, which, when sown upon the soil, though it is smaller than all the seeds that … Continue reading