I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- Farewell to Our Church Family
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "This Is My Story: The Gerasene Demoniac" (Mark 5:1-20 sermon)
- "This Is My Story: The Philippian Jailer" (Acts 16:25-34 sermon)
- "The Discipline of Giving" (Genesis 28:20-22 sermon)
- "This Is My Story: The Man Born Blind" (John 9 sermon)
- Delight Yourself in the Lord
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- God Doesn't "Owe" You Anything!
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: Baptist Faith & Message
Last Monday, WWOK tv in West Virginia reported a scam that has been going on in Kanawha Country, in which someone posing as a local deputy calls and demands a fine to be paid over the phone. The county said … Continue reading →
If each of us in our church shared our favorite football teams this morning, I’d think the Carolina Panthers might be at the top of the list. We also have a few die hard Washington Redskins fans, like Josh Peterson … Continue reading →
John Bunyan’s classic story, Pilgrim’s Progress, is generally regarded as the 2nd-most widely read book of all time outside the Bible. In it he tells the allegorical story of “Pilgrim”, who leaves “The City of Destruction” where he lives, on … Continue reading →