I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- Farewell to Our Church Family
- "This Is My Story: The Gerasene Demoniac" (Mark 5:1-20 sermon)
- The God They Didn’t Warn You About!
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- “The Questions of Moses” (Exodus 3:10-4:1 sermon)
- God Doesn't "Owe" You Anything!
- "This Is My Story: The Philippian Jailer" (Acts 16:25-34 sermon)
- The Drink Offering: Don't Waste Your Life
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: libertinism
“I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:21) This warning from God’s word is greatly needed today, as so many people have come to … Continue reading
“For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.” (Galatians 5:13) This is a good word, because from time to time you hear “Christian” … Continue reading
“My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.” (I John 2:1) Here in the first verse of … Continue reading
“This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.” (I John 1:5) John could not be more clear in what he asserts here, … Continue reading
“Depart from me, all you who do iniquity, for the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping.” (Psalm 6:8) It should be instructive to us that David’s response to God answering his desperate prayer was holiness, and not libertinism. … Continue reading
It’s an old question: If “once saved always saved” is true, wouldn’t people use it as an excuse to sin? Romans 6:15 addresses that issue: “What then, shall we sin because we are not under Law, but under grace?” The … Continue reading