I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- Farewell to Our Church Family
- The God They Didn’t Warn You About!
- "This Is My Story: The Gerasene Demoniac" (Mark 5:1-20 sermon)
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- “The Questions of Moses” (Exodus 3:10-4:1 sermon)
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- God Doesn't "Owe" You Anything!
- "This Is My Story: The Philippian Jailer" (Acts 16:25-34 sermon)
- Psalm 3:3 “Thou O Lord” Part III: “The Lifter of My Head”
- The Drink Offering: Don't Waste Your Life
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: fruit of the Spirit
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no Law.” (Galatians 5:22-23) This is much more than just a quaint list of good spiritual qualities. In fact, … Continue reading
“For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.” (Galatians 5:13) This is a good word, because from time to time you hear “Christian” … Continue reading
Several years ago, Chuck Norris, the actor and martial arts expert (who is also a Christian) had finished a long day of acting in a Texas town, and had gone to get dinner. While he was sitting in the restaurant, … Continue reading