I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- Poem: "I Walked A Mile With Pleasure"
- "Forgiving Each Other" (Ephesians 4:32 sermon)
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- “Comforting the Afflicted & Afflicting the Comfortable” James 1:9-11
- "This Is My Story: The Philippian Jailer" (Acts 16:25-34 sermon)
- "Where's Your Glory?" (Jeremiah 9:23-24 sermon)
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- "This Is My Story: The Woman At The Well" (John 4:1-42 sermon)
- “What Real Faith Looks Like: Perseverance" (James 1:12)
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: II Corinthians 4:16
On November 5th of last year, a killer shot 46 people people who had gathered to worship at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, Texas, just southeast of San Antonio. The pastor, Frank Pomeroy, and his wife were out … Continue reading
“For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world — our faith.” (I John 5:4) SO many evils and troubles exist in our world: sickness, persecution, pain, disappointment, death. How … Continue reading
In II Corinthians 4:16, the Apostle Paul wrote: “Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, our inner man is being renewed day by day.” We looked previously at how a Christian does not become … Continue reading
“Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.” (II Corinthians 4:16) The first part of this verse describes how a believer need not lose heart … Continue reading