I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- Poem: "I Walked A Mile With Pleasure"
- "Forgiving Each Other" (Ephesians 4:32 sermon)
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "Seeking Him First" (Matthew 6:33 sermon)
- “Comforting the Afflicted & Afflicting the Comfortable” James 1:9-11
- "This Is My Story: The Woman At The Well" (John 4:1-42 sermon)
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- "This Is My Story: The Philippian Jailer" (Acts 16:25-34 sermon)
- The Drink Offering: Don't Waste Your Life
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: Dietrich Bonhoeffer
On November 5th of last year, a killer shot 46 people people who had gathered to worship at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, Texas, just southeast of San Antonio. The pastor, Frank Pomeroy, and his wife were out … Continue reading
“And Jesus said, ‘I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more.’” (John 8:11) Jesus’ response to the woman caught in adultery was an amazing display of His mercy and grace, and the story has touched … Continue reading
“The morning prayer determines the day. Squandered time of which we are ashamed, temptations to which we succumb, weaknesses and lack of courage at work, disorganization and lack of discipline in our thoughts and in our conversation with other men, … Continue reading
In 1939 Dietrich Bonhoeffer was one of the leading Christian preachers and teachers in Germany — but the country had been taken over by Adolph Hitler, and the noose of his control was beginning to tighten over the country. Soon … Continue reading