I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- "The Christian Race" (Hebrews 12:1-2 sermon)
- "This Is My Story: The Philippian Jailer" (Acts 16:25-34 sermon)
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- "Following Jesus" (Matthew 4:18-22 sermon)
- "The Real Thing: Love Is Patient"
- “Comforting the Afflicted & Afflicting the Comfortable” James 1:9-11
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- "This Is My Story: The Gerasene Demoniac" (Mark 5:1-20 sermon)
- The Drink Offering: Don't Waste Your Life
- “Little By Little” (Deuteronomy 7:22 sermon)
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: kingdom
“But his master answered and said to him, ‘You wicked, lazy slave, you knew that I reap where I did not sow and gather where I scattered no seed.’” (Matthew 25:26) There are two things which the master of the … Continue reading
“For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink …”. (Matthew 6:25) Many Christians would admit that anxiety is one of the biggest problems … Continue reading
“For I am God, and there is no other; God, and there is no one like Me … saying, ‘My purpose will be established, and I will accomplish all My good pleasure.’” (Isaiah 46:9-10) If you’re tempted to worry about … Continue reading
“Now he who plants and he who waters are one, but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor.” (I Corinthians 3:8) This passage gives us a good guide for the way that we are to see … Continue reading