I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Seeking Him First" (Matthew 6:33 sermon)
- "Following Jesus" (Matthew 4:18-22 sermon)
- The Drink Offering: Don't Waste Your Life
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- Joshua 3:5 Sermon: "Preparing For God To Work"
- "This Is My Story: The Philippian Jailer" (Acts 16:25-34 sermon)
- "The Disciple's Character: Purity of Heart" (Matthew 5:8 sermon)
- "The Importance of Forgiving Others" (Matthew 6:14-15 sermon)
- "Binding Up The Brokenhearted"?
- Pray For God To Stir Hearts
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: wait on the Lord
“I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, and in His word do I hope …” (Psalm 130:5) (1/28/19) I just told Cheryl this morning, “The biggest thing we have on our list right now, we can’t do anything … Continue reading
In Psalm 25:4-5 David prays, “Make me to know Your ways, O LORD; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me …”. Many Christians might identify with these words. Upon reading them they might say, “Amen! … Continue reading
The last little phrase of Psalm 25:21 reveals one of the most important elements of the Christian life. David prays in the verse: “Let integrity and uprightenss preserve me, for I wait on You.” “I WAIT on You” is only … Continue reading