I served as pastor of Southern Baptist churches in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana for almost 30 years before taking a medical leave from the pastorate in February 2013 due to dysautonomia (POTS) and moving to Norman, Oklahoma. Blessed with renewed health, I was called as Senior Pastor of Pleasant Ridge Baptist in Morganton, NC in February 2015.
In this blog I share daily devotions from my own personal Bible readings, as well as sermons, book reviews, illustrations -- and occasional humorous "peeks" at life inside this pastor's home!
Top Posts & Pages
- "How To Seek The Lord" (Isaiah 55:6-7 sermon)
- "Your Daily Time With God" (Mark 1:35 sermon)
- "Seeking Him First" (Matthew 6:33 sermon)
- "Your Best Investment" (Matthew 6:19-24 sermon)
- "Following Jesus" (Matthew 4:18-22 sermon)
- "Are You A Disciple?" (Luke 9:23 sermon)
- "Binding Up The Brokenhearted"?
- "The Importance of Forgiving Others" (Matthew 6:14-15 sermon)
- The Drink Offering: Don't Waste Your Life
- Poem: "I Walked A Mile With Pleasure"
- "The Disciple's Character" series (Beatitudes Mt. 5:3-12)
- "The Disciplines of Disciples" series
- "This Is My Story" sermon series
- Book of James Sermons: What Real Faith Looks Like
- Current Events
- Devotions/Bible Studies
- Home & Family Life
- India Mission Trip 2011
- John 3:16 sermon series
- Matthew sermons
- Philippians sermons
- POTS (dysautonomia) articles
- Sermon Illustrations
- The Model Prayer Series
- This Week In Paradise (pastors family blog)
Tag Archives: morning prayer
I have to admit: I was kind of disappointed last Sunday after we came home from church and eating out, that there wasn’t a football game on tv that I could fall asleep to. Can’t wait till next September — … Continue reading
In our “Discovering The Ridge” class for those who are joining our church, I often tell the story of the group in our home town which was starting a new church, and for some time they met in the home … Continue reading
“The morning prayer determines the day. Squandered time of which we are ashamed, temptations to which we succumb, weaknesses and lack of courage at work, disorganization and lack of discipline in our thoughts and in our conversation with other men, … Continue reading
“My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will.” (Matthew 26:39) The words spoken by Jesus here are some of the most important ever uttered in human language.
(Preached at Pleasant Ridge Baptist, Morganton, NC 5-13-15) Tim Keller is pastor of a church that is flourishing in a very difficult ministry field: the heart of New York City. He recently published a book on prayer, and in … Continue reading